Thursday, March 05, 2009

Day 4 and the daily cleaning of the whelping box. Vaglie sure looks proud of her badies as she waits for me to finnish


All prim and propper. Looking such a prity picture.
And this gives me the chance to introduce you to each puppy. I nick name them so I can identify each one easily. This means the names are rather strange :-)
From left to right
Sukie = Thought this just a lovely name for this little girl and it means Lilly

Stoney = He has round "stepping stones" on his back.

Lucky 1 = if you remember the 4 leaf clover story you will remember I wanted to call them all Lucky 1, 2, 3 etc... well we kept it to only the first born pup who is a grand little boy.

Surprise = We thought Vaglie had had all her pups but more than 2 hours after the 7th puppy she gave birth to this little girl

Summer = She was born on the 28th Feb. and it was still summer then.

Why = on his right side his brown marking somewhat resembles the letter Y

Autum = She was born after 1200 at night that made her date of birth 1st March which was the first day of autum!

Saskia = I didnt have a name for her for a while. You have to wait for insperation when thinking of names. Then one time when I picked her up my best doggy friends name popped into my head! And so be it. The litter is an "S" nest so it was a good one :-)


But Vaglie dosnt care much for looking tidy. It too warm for her so she kick the mat away and the poor pups have to put up with plastic on their bellies. In turn I go and put them all back on the nice warm mat... and so on


Just a cute photo of Zanna and Tree


Typical boys way to have dinner. (puppy Why)Note the pink pads, he will stay white-brown.


Most of our dogs laying peacefully in the morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home