Friday, January 03, 2003

Today is Thursday, we arrived back from Denmark a week ago….. You remember, Tieka spent Christmas with her lover Caio.

Now the time is going so slowly. Isn’t that always typical!! If you just live your life time flies and when you are waiting for something it goes slow…

Just 4 more weeks and maybe I can then see if Tieka is pregnant or not…. I don’t want to take her to a vet earlier to do tests like feel in her tummy, or take an echo of her belly. Maybe I am really silly not wanting to do these things, but just the thought makes me feel very uncomfortable so I wont put Tieka through it all, just so that I know earlier if she is or isn’t preggy. It wont change the outcome…

I just go with my gut feeling as I go through life. I tend to do a lot of research into things and then go for where/what I feel most comfortable with. Up to now it has proven the best way to go. I have sometimes taken “wise” decisions that did not coincide with my gut feeling and have usually regretted that… I have learned by my mistakes.

Breeding is just a question of “waiting”. Nothing that I do can make it go any faster. Just be patient. But boy that isn’t always easy.

I have heard of many Lagotto females that have been mated and ended up “staying empty”. So things don’t sound hopeful if you look at the statistics…

The waiting list for a wonderful ball of Lagotto fluff is growing quickly as the breed is getting more well known and breeding females stay empty.

I hope the Lagotto doesn’t become a rage and breeders start to breed as many pups as possible to cater for the growing “market”. Let us all stay ethical and think of the dogs first, let us not use our breeding females as puppy producers.

I just read the following on a site for the Cane Corso dog (also a breed that is becoming very popular fast!!) and rather liked this quote…

“Buyer beware! Remember - A dog is an investment in love as well as money. Take your time!!! Don’t buy impulsively...don’t limit yourself geographically. Feel good about the person you are dealing with.”

And with these wise and heavy words I sign off for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home