Sunday, March 09, 2003

The pups are now 1 week old and doing great.

I thought a weekly update on their weight might be interesting, Ill give you their birth weight and weight of today so you can see how much they have grown.

Ijsbeer 340 – 651 grams

Spot 320 – 505 grams

Hertje 248 – 429 grams

Boxer 339 – 648 grams

Muis 119 – 309 grams

Fotomodel 244 – 474 grams

I think you will agree that even though Muis is still the smallest he has relatively gained the most. This little guy is doing great!!

Each puppy looks wonderful, very sturdy and content.

Tieka no longer spends day and night in the whelping box, but she dose time her feedings regular and lies for ages to let them all get “tanked up”. I think its so cool to she her make them do their “movements”. She just tosses them on their backs, dose a professional job of it and lets them on their way to feed.

My gorgeous Zanna still thinks the pups are scary, but gets closer to the whelping box each day, and has an awful lot of respect for Tieka.

I sleep downstairs next to the whelping box. When Muis gets a bit bigger I can finally go to my own comfortable bed. The rest of the pups are strong enough to escape from under Tieka should she lay on them, I think Muis probably can now too, but I’m not taking any chances.

Hertje and Muis have very dark markings. I wonder if they will stay darker like Zanna is. Boxer looks like he will get his mothers color, his brown markings are shades lighter than the other 2 “shimmels”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home