Monday, October 25, 2004

Introducing the puppies

First born was a boy now called “Sun Bear”. He arrived at 05.20 in the morning and weighed 260grams.
Called sun bear because thats the first thing I thought of when i saw him “walk” his way to his mothers belly.

Sun Bear


Second born is Hippie, another boy. Born at 06.33 and weighed 302 grams.
I call him Hippie cos he looked like the cutes little hippopotamus I’ve ever seen.

Hippie


And yet again, more than an hour later at 07.57 the biggest puppy arrived. A girl called Sweetie, simply because she really is such a sweetie. Weighed 316grams!!

Sweetie


And then the smallest arrived, also a girl. Weighed 190grams and arrived soon after her big sister at 08.25.
Her name is Pixie, see looks like a pixie, little ears stikking out and she has a lot of character for such a little dog!

Pixie


The first 3 were born… not in the whelping box, not in the chair… but in our old fashiond whelping place…. My bed ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Pixie is the only one that arrived in the whelping box.

They are very beautiful puppies… well thats my opinion.

By the way, I give the pups the name that first pops up in my head when I see them. Its also easier to talk about them when they have a “name”. But don’t worry, these names are chainged once the owners think of one themselves. he, he, he.

The only negitive thing about it all was that it was “only” 4 puppies as we had more wonderful expecting owners than puppies. I am so sorry to the people that followed our adventure with as much (or perhaps more) excitement as me, and unfortunatly wont be getting a puppy from us. It broke my heart to have to tell these people the “bad news”. But hopefully the adresses I supplied will be positive for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home