Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Things are back to normal...

Last Sunday Zanna and I did our agility exam.

She jumped really well, the place where it went wrong was my fault. These dogs just look too well at my body language and do exactly what it says, even if it’s saying something completely different than my mind.

Near the end Zanna had to swerve through a row of 12 poles. She is usually quite good at these, but of course because it was exams she missed one… we had to do them again, this time I hang back a bit more to keep her from rushing through. Time was not an issue, faults could have been.

But despite the 2 faults we did well, Zanna jumped over the last obstacle and we were rewarded with a big hand of applause from class mates and instructors!

We got our “agility 2” diploma!!!! Now we are entitled to compete in real competitions. Can you imagine me and competitions? I don’t think so Ha, ha, ha.

So the lessons have finished for this season. Rather boring really. I have entered us, Zanna and Tieka, in the extra summer school classes. These are actually meant for the fanatic’s that need to keep practicing for the competitions during the summer, but if the class isn’t full enough they let in idiots like us. Purely egotistical of them, they use us to help build and break down the agility apparatuses. Well that’s not totally true, they enjoy our company, as long as we train just as serious as them. And that we do.

I entered Zanna and Tieka as one dog. We have to train with the large dogs, Zan and Tiek are only middle, so the jumps are too high to do a whole lesson well by them selves. They don’t mind doing half each, as long as they can come along where I am they are happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home