Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Finally I have 2 hands again to type the next insert for all you puppies fans.

Its been awfully busy here since Sunday evening…..

You would think that having only 4 puppies would be a breeze… a first litter for Zanna is excellent with only 4…..

Well that’s not totally true. Cos these pups found out from the first drink of milk that the best pace is at the back. All the other nipples come second place…. I didn’t notice till Sunday evening that these cleaver lazy little sods were only using the back 4 nipples, while Zanna was really producing so much milk to all the nipples.

And then the nightmare happened and the other 6 nipples clogged up and along Zanna’s sides it was one hard mass of milk. I nearly died how quickly this happened. So I spent allllllllllllllllllll evening and till the early morning, about 0300, massaging Zanna’s milk glands, milking her (yes I found out how to milk a dog :-) ), and placing puppies on these nipples to get them working normally again…..

I have to say that Hippie is my hero, he is a “healing dog”. He didn’t make too much of a fuss when I placed him where I wanted him… he is a special boy. All the others yelled in protest and were very difficult to get to drink from anywhere but the last 4 nipples…. But they didn’t have much choice cos I spent all Sunday evening/night and all Monday, till I went to bed again late at night, with my hands over the “easy nipples” so they had no choice if they wanted a meal… don’t get me wrong, plenty of milk was coming out of the other 6 nipples but they are just not good enough for choosey pups LOL.

Sweetie, Hippie, Pixie and Sunny


And it worked!!! Zanna is totally back to normal thank goodness!!!!!!!

Zanna has turned out to be the same sort of mother as her mother and is not a possessive mum. She is very pleased to show her pups. We had our first “strangers” come today, 3 crazy ladies I study with LOL. Zanna greeted them with much enthusiasm at the front door and lead them to our living room where the whelping box is.

Of coarse they are the most beautiful puppies they had ever seen ;-) but that’s not what everyone would say looking at this photo LOL.

Drunk as skunks


The happy family back to normal, what a pretty picture huh!!

26-10-04 happy family


The waiting for us here now is to hear news from Kendra, as she has a very, very cute cross breed girl that sould be giving birth right about now way over in the US!!! Good luck Kendra, hope our stories help you in some way :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home