Saturday, April 29, 2006

2 days older and many experiences richer. Life for a puppy really rushes by.

Yesterday the puppies where chipped. They were very brave and hardly made a sound when the chip was injected into them.
It’s kind of like meeting old acquaintances once every few years when the “chipper” people come. They have chipped all 4 of my litters and come in saying how long its been and how nice we have another litter.
I think they know all the thousands of litters they do. Many years ago we were check out to approve our request to start a kennel and they were the ones to do that. I wanted to breed Lagotti but also had a castrated Estrela male here. Well this was a problem as all dogs that were at that moment in your care had to have a pedigree to prove …. Well I’m not sure what, they wanted proof he was mine I guess. But what that has to do with wanting to breed Lagotti Ill never understand… anyway they deviously asked all sorts of questions about my Estrela when he was a puppy at his breeders and in the end they were satisfied he was mine as they remembered tattooing him 6 years earlier!

It’s always impressive to see how big the needle is where the little chip lived in.

I admit I wouldn’t volunteer to get one of those things placed under my skin.. yuk!

Today I took the pups to get their puppy shots. 2 of the vets assistants kindly helped me carry all 6 puppies into the surgery. We placed then on the floor where they had lots of fun investigating everything and christening the floor with wees and poohs that they apparently had saved up to embarrass me.
While the vet checked the pups the assistants had lots of time to sit on the floor and play with the puppies who thought this was great fun and after awhile they all settled onto the assistants lap and fell asleep. I only wish I had had my camera with me to show you how sweet this looked. Someone took some photos via a mobile phone but I don’t think I can get this.
But anyway all the pups were given the thumbs up, everything was beating properly and any balls that were supposed to be somewhere were there.
We brought the pups back to the car and I drove them home. Then these 6 happy pups were greeted with huge enthusiasm by all the 5 girls that I had left at home. Zanna jumped into the car to welcome them first, Tieka waged her tail like a flag welcoming the babies back from the front door. Kiwi rolled them over the ground once she was reunited with them in the back garden. Vaglie and Dotje ran around the garden making sure all pups were in working order. Pfff thankfully all was ok and it was back to normal life as it should be.

They pups did a bit of sunbathing.


Why buy expensive toys when you can entertain your pups with ice that you have cleaned out of your freezer?



Have I mentioned how time is flying? :-/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home