Friday, June 22, 2007

It never rains but it pours….

Well this is a good rain storm making much grow and blossom.

Dotje and Vaglie mixed up our puppy plans for a while being adorable unpredictable girls. Now they surprised me totally by coming into season within a week of each other!
What to do? Well because of the fact that I have decided to emigrate back to my birth country New Zealand in six months or so time it was important they have their first litters now. Once in NZ it will be a while before I could breed Vaglie making her possibly too old for a first litter. As for Dotje, she will stay in Holland so breeding her would be difficult. Her owner would have breed her for me but I am please we can take that responsibility off her shoulders.

Again Allegro has been the stud. He is just the perfect male for the girls at this time and place.
Out of Dotjes litter I hope to chose a male to accompany us to NZ and hopefully grow up to be an excellent stud for Vaglie and Rowi.

I’m so excited to see what sort of mothers they will be.
I’m guessing Dot will be taking her job very serious and be a strict mum. Possibly she will be fussy whom may come and admire her babies the first few vulnerable weeks of puppy life.
Vaglie on the other hand I think will be overjoyed with so many more family members to be able to clean and groom and will be a very playful and patient mum.

As for Kiwi, she is going to be in heaven with so many Lagotto puppies to mother and love.

Time to be patient and wait…..

Another “naughty photo” Allegro and Vaglie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home