Thursday, January 09, 2003

I have been busy a few days so havent updated for a few days... but now I make up for lost time and give you a yukky sheep head story that I had writen for a "Barf" email group I belong to. As you may of gatherd, my dogs "Barf", which is a way of eating so to speak.... enjoy and be sick LOL
Oh, must explain that I had ordered 3 sheep heads for the dogs to eat and they arrived today

Hi all.

Well I simply must tell you how the sheep heads went down…

Thankfully they didn’t have any eyes left in them and the fur/skin was taken off so it was a lot less like a sheep head…. But boy those teeth were staring right at me through the plastic bag LOL.

I couldn’t get myself to pick them up with my bare hands so used a plastic bag each time I had to handle then, ok call me a sissy.

Needless to say, I couldn’t wait to try them out on the dogs. I put 2 in the garden.

Flecha thought he had died and gone to heaven and started straight away on one. He ate quite a lot of the outside of the head. He finally came inside a hour later…. He was very chuffed… and then he walked in the hall and in a blink of the eye puked it all out!!! Not a pretty sight…. I grabbed my mum and said it was time to drink our tea in the lounge. By the time we had finished Flecha had eaten everything again. Gross I know, but I guess that’s nature haha.

Tieka thought it much to cold to be outside. So the 3rd head went in the basket for her. She wasn’t interested, cant blame her as they had eaten only a few hours earlier, but she was the only one to remember that. I put her sheep head in the freezer.

Zanna was a bit afraid of the heads at first, they did smell different than “normal” food. But she soon got the hang of it.

Well I had to go out again, and the dogs came with me. I was talking to mum about how I would have to “smash their (sheep) heads in with a hammer” so they (dogs) could get to the insides. Yes yukky talk hahaha. They looked really hard and I was sure the dogs couldn’t break into them.

When we got home a few hours later the heads (out side) were nearly frozen. I brought them inside; it was dark and much to cold to eat out. Tieka suddenly really wanted to eat, and Flecha was even more enthusiastic. Zanna had to have luck that one would take a brake. I had to go to “school” for a few hours so I decided that they would be happy for those hours….. I would break their heads tomorrow.

3 hours later. I came inside and couldn’t believe my eyes. Gone…… the whole heads were nearly totally gone!!!!!!!!! A few rows of teeth barely being held together by a centimeter of bone… 2 scalps about the size of a lady’s hand (minus the fingers) and a few splinters…… My jaw literally dropped open!

That was it…. The rest of the heads gone!!!

I had seen photos on the home page of the “raw dog ranch” (http://rawdogranch.netfirms.com/vealheads/FrameSet.htm for those of you that haven’t seen this yet ;-) )
and the dogs had been chewing all day on their heads and still they looked nearly uneaten. And my 1 Estrela mountain dog and 2 little Lagotto dogs had devoured the lot in 3 hours!!!!! I still cant believe it. Can a sheep head be so much softer than a veal head?… I guess so.

Im so sorry I missed all the good gory bits… I really didn’t think they would eat so much, usually when I go out they all are very sad and don’t eat till I get back, let alone eat 2 whole heads. Well that was “in the olden days” LOL. They didn’t miss me one bit!

So guys, do your dogs all a big favor and get them a sheep head. They are the best thing since sliced bread!!

Oh, I think I won’t have a peaceful night, I’m sure the dogs are going to be sick or want to go for a jobby during the night. That’s only logical if you consider what went into them this evening….

Greetings all from a gob smacked Suzanne
http://members.lycos.nl/kakapo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home