Monday, February 17, 2003

Haven’t any preggy photos at the moment so I decide to back up my story from a while ago and show you the sheep heads.

Such a pretty sight don’t you think.

1) Zanna outside in snow.

2) Zanna and Flecha with heads in basket inside, it was late and much to cold outside.

3) What was left of them after 3 hours of me leaving them alone. Only the teeth and the very top of the scalp was all there was.

Most people think I’m really gross now. But it really isn’t as bad as you think. No blood all over the place, no brains spread all over the floor, not a stinking room. Really, it’s all dry and clean, the heads have been drained of blood before I get them, the brains don’t get a chance to touch the floor before being eaten, and its all fresh so not smelly.

Today is “whelping box” day. It’s up and down the stairs all day bringing down parts of it each time and taking up stuff I should have put in the attic ages ago.

Tieka has time to get used to the whelping box before she starts delivering…. But I think Zanna will enjoy it the most in the mean time.
I’m sure Tieka won’t have her first puppy in it. Last time Ziegor was born on my waterbed, so it’s a good bet to think that the first puppy of the next litter will also be born in such luxury. Once Ziegor was born, cleaned and checked over by both Tieka and I, I took him down stairs to the whelping box and Tieka happily came down with me and delivered the next 3 no problems. She stayed in the whelping box of her own will.

Oh, incase you are wondering, I was very prepared that Ziegor was going to be born where he was (Tieka didn’t give any doubts about that!) so I first laid an “anti leaky” sheet on my bed, a large old curtain and lots of old towels. Very comfy she was.

Time is going fast these days….


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home