Monday, February 03, 2003

Oh you all won’t believe how noisy it is here!!!

I had bought a pumpkin for myself and the dogs. I peeled it and boiled it. Then I put it all in my “food processor”, put half the mash back in the pan, added a pot of stock and a beaker of “crème fraiche”, warmed it all up again and that was my pumpkin soup made!

The other half I left in the mixer, added all the peel and some of the seeds and processed it again. This is for the dogs. They say it’s very good for dogs if they have "problem stoles”. Whether they have the runs or it’s too hard, pumpkin mix fixes all!!! Pretty amazing I think. Then I got a tray and put blobs of the pumpkin mix on it, put it all in the freezer and if all goes well I can take them off the tray tomorrow and put the “blobs” in a bag for later use. To my amazement the dogs loved the stuff. I must say it did taste good in soup form so I shouldn’t have been surprised.

The seeds I have put to dry on the heater. Ground up pumpkin seeds are apparently an excellent natural way of getting rid of worms. Yes you live and learn!

The plastic beaker that contained the Crème Fraiche I gave to the dogs to lick out. And now Zanna is using it as a toy, a very noisy toy! She is throwing it around, biting it, throwing again, standing next to me growling cheekily and me growling back (yes we are nuts) and then she is rushing of again….. Hence all the noise!

And how is Tieka? Apart from being a cuddly baby Tieka is getting bigger and bigger enjoying all the extra food and if all is well its 3 weeks to go!! I sure hope this isn’t a phantom pregnancy. Only nature can make life so exciting......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home