Monday, February 24, 2003

Ok, I’m really sorry it’s been a while. At times like this even a day is a long time, and here I am not writing how things are going. The new puppy owners have made this very clear to me, and quite right they are.

So again, I apologize for the silence.

You may not think the new photos arent such a big deal, but I put them on here myself!! I’m so proud LOL. But now Ernest has to tell me how to space them nicely. I’m really getting quite the computer “know it all” ROFL.

First you see Tiekas tummy at 8 weeks. In real life it’s much more impressive. Its now 3 days after the photo was taken and she has grown again… Tiekas belly is getting a tight fit for her babies.

I think the next photo with Tieka sitting on a bench is just so cute.

Then the truffle hunting photo! Well ok, I’ll tell the truth, they are eating the earth…. Under certain trees the dogs can’t resist eating the earth. Apparently it contains certain minerals that they sometimes crave. I let them go for it, hasn’t done them any harm and most probably dose them good. All 3 of my dogs do it. They get the most irresistible grubby noses, but we don’t have a photo of that so you have to take my word on that.

And the photo of Tuck, the Irish wolfhound, and Flecha lets you see what beautiful weather we are having. The water was still frozen but on the sides the sun had melted enough for the boys to get a drink. Romantic eh! Have a good look at how long Tucks tail is!!!

Today I have finally made a thing to hang the heating light on for the pups. I’m pleased with my carpenter work. With the other nest I hung the light on a standing “up light” light. So this time we are more “professional” and the light hangs on a proper “light hanger”. You will probably get to see it on photos when the pups are born. Ill make sure the photographer will include it LOL.

Tieka dropped half a degree in temperature this morning, but it came back up soon after, so a false alarm. This evening she is calm and still wanting to eat as many chicken necks as I care to give her. So no action tonight.

Since about 3 days her tummy has “dropped”, so she doesn’t actually look large from above any more, but when you see her from the side… then you see an impressive belly!

Tieka no longer reacts to Zannas teasing. She must be growing wiser as she grows heavier. Since 2 days she no longer races Zanna across the road to see who is first to get to the next place they have to wait to cross the road.

These last few days are getting heavy for Tieka, but she takes it all in her stride and constantly wags her happy tail as she dose much the same as always only in a much lower gear.

So now I go to enjoy another peaceful night’s sleep, maybe one of the last for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home