Thursday, March 13, 2003

The day after Hertje walked all the pups decided they better do the same.

Tieka gives them walking excersize by no longer just going in to the whelping box and laying down for them. Now she cleans their bottoms while standing. This makes them go crazy as they want to drink while being washed, like in the “good old days”. So they rush around trying to find their mother, crying loudly, but finding only legs. Nature is pretty clever really.

And when Tieka thinks they have run around enough she drops and feeds.

I find it quite a coincidence that, yet again, Tieka has the cutes puppies LOL.

Its rather cool having different colors.

Oh, did I mention a while ago that I made colored strings to tie around the pups’ necks when they were born so I could identify them? Well yet again I didn’t use them as each puppy is totally different to the other. Only the 2 blond girls I did “tag” for the first day as when they were still wet they looked very much like each other. But not any more!

I would love to keep a blond girl…. My mother fortunately doesn’t have a computer and I will never let her read this. She nearly hit the roof when I suggested adding a “blondie” to the “pack”. Well its weeks to go so maybe she will change her mind if one of them wiggles her way into her heart. I must explain that my mother is my dog sitter and that is why she is such an important factor to deciding whether to keep a puppy or not. I didn’t think she would be so against it….

What is to happen with the last puppy……


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home