Thursday, March 27, 2003

Sorry guys, I can only say that things just aren’t going as planned.

Don’t worry, all the pups are fine, but my working less and then holiday plans have all gone down the drain and I have to work quite a lot and the rest of the time I spend with the dogs and pups. So not so much time to update the diary.

But like I said, the pups are doing great. They are growing at an even pace. On Friday I saw the first teeth coming through and yesterday felt them! They run around really well and are playing their quick games before falling in sleep.

On Friday I gave them a lambs bone and a chicken leg bone just for fun. And they loved them!!! They licked and licked until they fell fast asleep next to them. I took the bones out and feed them to the hungry oldies.

Today I gave them chicken necks to start to practice their new teeth on. Again Tieka sat next to the whelping box really eager to get to the food that she knew she could have if she was patient enough. The pups spent quite a while chewing with their nearly toothless mouths and tugging at the meat. Its just for fun right now, Tieka still feeds completely so no need to hurry. But I see they need much more stimulus these days so this is a great time consumer.

Now that their eyes are open I put in all sorts of different things in the whelping box. Youri, that’s the big off white male I nicknamed “ijsbeer”, thinks its all so wonderful. He is very brave!! His brother that is just as big, Willem, is totally the opposite. I have to laugh so much at him, he is going to have to suffer an awful lot cos I just keep the weird stuff coming Hahaha. All the rest are fine with the new stuff too, but Youri is the real adventurer and I see him becoming big brave brother to them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home