Monday, October 13, 2003

The “Barfing” dogs had another excellent eating day.

Ill give you the disgusting details!

Yesterday I went to pick up my twice weekly supply of sheep bones from the Islamic butcher.

Being an addicted “Barf feeder” I always look forward to getting home and looking in the bag to see if he included some surprise. Often he includes a gullet that has some liver and/or lung attached to it. Almost always it includes a lot of slabs of fat with bits of meat that I cut off. I throw away most of the fat as it’s much too much for it to be healthy. Sometimes there is a bag of mince that is no longer saleable to us picky humans. Once it included kilos of chicken wings!! And every now and then some rams balls. Hmmm the dogs love them haha.

And that’s what they got today, Flecha had a whole ball and the girls each had half of the other. They were very big this time, it made me feel sorry for the ram while it was still alive having to lug such things around. Ok, it’s a bit of a strange thing to talk about but certainly “food for thought”.

And as dessert they got some lams bones.

This evening they got some contents of a cow’s stomach. Stinks really good, Haha, and the dogs would eat it as it is but I included some self made mince to make it extra yummy and more nourishing.

The stomach contents I got a few weeks ago along with a whole tripe. I dissected and bagged it all into one meal bags, tripe and fermented grass separate to make different type of meals, and freezed them. Fresh tripe really doesn’t stink much. Not like the tripe for dogs you can buy in the supermarket, yuck that stuff is disgusting to smell. But the fermented grass is admittedly a bit smelly and not for the beginner Barfer ;-) . Still, I can highly recommend it for your dogs. You get used to everything believe me.

Hmmm thinking about it they had rather a lam food day. Tomorrow its back to good old chicken as their main meal.

On Tuesday I’m off to the market to see if the “chicken man” could get his hands on some turkey for us. Variety is the spice of life ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home