Thursday, October 23, 2003

Hmmm Here I was telling you all how well it was going with Zanna and her agility class.

But last week she was attack from the behind for no reason by a pain in the butt German shepherd. This male dog is the biggest pain in the bum I have ever met, attacking other class mates for no reason at all. A few weeks before he attacked a Tibetan Mastiff who reacted by just defending himself rather than fighting back, lucky for the GS cos he wouldn’t of survived that. A pity for Zanna….

So Zanna fell on her back and admitted immediate defeat even though she wasn’t trying anything on him. He is just a mental case being a male dog in puberty and his owners not acting like a boss should.

The rest of the lesson she was so frightened, anything that moved made her stop.

And now, a week later, Zanna is still afraid, I really cant blame her as this dog is going to try this again, if not with Zanna then with another dog. He’s not picky, he just goes for who ever is near him each week. The owners have been warned to keep him under control but the dogs are often of the leash and he just makes a dash for the closest victim at the most unexpected moments.

I nearly cried. My always so happy to be doing agility Zanna, her tail high in the air running as fast as I would allow her to so she would take each obstacle correctly. And now she was so frightened, her tail way between her legs. Gradually she started jumping the obstacles but as soon as she saw the GS, even if he was far away, she put on the brakes and wouldn’t go any further in his direction. The teachers came to me even before the lesson began to say they had put us into another group so we would not be with the GS, really nice of them, but it wasn’t far enough for Zanna.

By the end of the lesson I at least had her so far as to put her tail up for the best part of the course, but again running in the direction of the waiting dogs meant she slowed again and only jumped the jumps for me and certainly not because she wanted to.

I hope she will get her confidence back in a few weeks…..

And to make me really angry, when we had to clear away the obstacle coarse, the stupid woman owner of the GS tied her dog up next to Zanna (who was already there) and when I finally saw this Zanna was laying on a tight leash totally in the other direction as the GS who was making his usual awful barking noises which I would never let one of my dogs do! I stormed off to remove Zanna. I knew the GS would have a go at me to so I was totally ready for him when he made his lung and barked like a crazy dog. He was totally flabbergasted when I reacted with a very angry and loud “SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!”. He was quiet…..

His owner came up to me later and said in her silly voice “gosh your yelling made an impression on him”. … What to say to this?

Some people should not own a dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home