Sunday, November 14, 2004

Yesterday I was sitting in my comfy chair typing some emails when I was surprised by movement of a small body walking under my legs…. It was Sweetie!!!! She had “escaped” from the whelping box and was have a great walk out.
You can see on the photo how she came up with this idea. It all started because Zanna sometimes only half enters the whelping box to check things out and the pups try to get to there food even though its on the outside of the whelping box. This gave Sweetie the information she needed for her great escape and used it when I wasn’t watching.
Now when I am not around I make sure the easy entry/exit is closed. Zanna has to jump in. Not such a problem, she is a good jumper.
12-11 Sweetie planning escape


As you can see the family is growing really well. Today I got the compliment that the pups looked very happy and sturdy. This from a breeder that breeds huge dogs like Leonbergers and Estrela mountain dogs LOL.
Oh, if you look carefully you can see how Zanna lays her leg on top of Pixie so she cant make a get-away while Zanna rigorously cleans her bottom.
12-11 de hele familie


I put the pups in the dogs basket while cleaning the whelping box…. Zanna was eating a bone. As you can see the pups are already showing interest in healthy raw food besides their mothers milk.
12-11 the beginning of liking raw food


And to my surprise Zanna later placed this bone in the whelping box where Sweetie spent a lot of time licking and “chewing” it…. then Zanna couldn’t help herself and took it away and ate it herself.
12-11 Sweetie Barfing


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home