Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Every now and again I let my dogs gorge themselves. This is actually a very “doggy” thing to do. In the wild canines eat as much as they can after the kill and then spend ages lazing around, eating nothing for a long time after.
There are dog owners that use this way of feeding and feed there dogs just a few times a week and the other days nothing.
Being much to much human orientated I don’t do this although I don’t think its wrong at all.
But I am “practically minded” and feed what fits my days. Usually I feed them twice a day and sometimes once a day. I don’t feed at fixed times so my dogs are never begging for their food “because its time”. And if I can’t divide the food easily I give it whole and let the dogs sort out who gets what when.
And that is what happened today, I had 3 sheep heads. 3 are enough for all the dogs but not enough for them to feed all at once. So some are first while the others wait patiently till its their turn. Tieka likes to be second, preferring a “pre-chewed” bone as apposed to a fresh one. So things sort out themselves with no interference from me.
Again my big blanket came into operation. This blanket was well worth my 3 euros I spent to buy it at the second-hand shop :-)


Puppy clean-up


Zanna was so full she found a quiet place to hang out and recover where the puppies couldn’t bother her… on my stairs LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home