Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our little brown boy has a name!

Tiki = the first man in Maori mythology

Tiki is going to live with my other brothers family since we will soon have 2 other boys coming over to NZ which is more than enough for the moment.
This way Tike stays close to home and is still a little mine :-)Zanna is possessive of this baby. None of the other girls is aloud in the whelping box, if they try she goes and stands between them and Tiki. If they stick their noses too far over the edge you can hear a soft low growl that is quite enough to turn the heads away of any of the inquisitive girls.
But she is softening and Kiwi was aloud to give Tiki a lick this morning
Yesterday we went to the dog school Bill, Kate and I are going to train at. For the obedience we start in April. Bill with his own dog Rusty, Kate with Rowi and I will train with Vaglie. Well that’s the plan but maybe we swap dogs somewhere along the way.
But the class for “fly-agility” was not full and I could start training right away with Vaglie.
Fly-agility is a combination of flyball and agility. The idea is for the dogs to get the ball out of the holder and come back via the same jumps, tunnels, walks and/or pools they took on the way down. For now we just practice the ball holder but Vaglie had already done flyball in Holland so the basic’s only had to be polished up. Agility she has not done so that will be the real challenge.

We had taken Rowi with us so just for the fun while Vaglie was recuperating from working hard we gave her a lesson

She doesn’t look to bright eh ;-). I think she is looking at Kate who is taking the photo pleading her to come and save her from these lunatic humans.
Vaglie and Rowi looking around at their new school.
One very amusing thing happened while talking with one of the trainers. I asked her if Vaglie was aloud to try the fly-ball coarse set up for the advanced dogs. “of coarse” she said “and you can take your father along to help put the balls in the fly-ball machine”. I burst out laughing, my brothers look of shock would have made a great picture hahaha. I don’t know if it was that my brother looks so old or that I look so young hahahahahaha. I told this lovely lady it would be a long time before my brother would forgive her for that small mistake ;-)
Bill and Rusty

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een goede en toepasselijke (jouw eerste NZ-pupje) naam en klinkt lekker.

groetjes
Saskia

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home