Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We have 3 big compost bins here.
I have emptied the first one and got at least a hundred kilos out and spread it in the garden outside my living room. Its beautiful dark compost that will hopefully eventually blend with the awful hard clay soil we have here. Its near impossible to dig into so I’m really hoping the worms will do their very best to get the compost into the ground. According to my trusty sources this will happen but I must admit Ill believe it when I see it :-/
Note my professional compost sieve. Everyone laughed at me till I started to use it and it worked like a dream :-p

My mother usually keeps me company when I’m working in the garden. Here she is sitting under the young apple tree in the much needed shade.
The girls are so “gezellig” too and keep me company where I am working. They usually go snuff around in the surrounding bush and plant boarders in the same area as I’m working so they don’t always see when I go somewhere else. But always they come and check if I’m still where I was and if not they run as fast as their little legs will carry them all over the section and even in the house till they find me. Very cute!

From left to right: Zanna, Tieka rolling around, Kiwi, Vaglie and Rowi
I don’t think Zanna will have a large litter. Her belly is still small even though its only just over a week before the pups are due. I’m just hoping she has a sweet and beautiful little girl!!! Fingers crossed!
Look at that little face, my little teddy beer….. She is so cute and loves to show her tummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home