Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We are down to 3 puppies now.

Saterday Cash (Brownie) left us.
He had his last meal from me that he ate with much enjoyment

Then he was aloud to have his goodbye drink from his mum.

And he was kind enough to pose for us and smile for the camera.

And said his goodbyes to Kiwi


3 and 2 days later and the news is only good news, Cash and Donos owners are very proud of there boys. Already the stories they tell me make me laugh so much. Lagotti are just plane cleaver and do the most surprising things! The owners are surprised with the amount of energy this little guys have.

The very best news is that Dono is fully accepted by Luna, his little terrier sister with the heart of a lion and the attitude of a dragon ;-). I was lucky enough to see the first time they played together, the day after his arrival, and it was truly heart warming. It happened totally unexpected when Luna walked up to Dono, hang over him at which point something appeared to click in her mind and she started teasing Dono to play. He was a little suspicious at first but being an excellent specimen of a Lagotto this suspiciousness only lasted about 5 seconds and away they went. Running around, under, over.. well whatever you can imagine they did. No turning back now, Luna and Dono are official!!!

Cash settled into his new home straight away, eating well from the start. He has gotten used to the home-trainer of his owner realizing she isn’t going anywhere fast on that kind of bike. While I was talking to his owner on the phone this evening he was such a good boy by going on his own outside to pooh! Hearing such things makes a breeders heart glow :-)

Today Iza, Aussie, went to her new home where her half brother already lives. I’m sure she will love it there because she loves having another dog to play with. Kiwi will miss her, they played together so often!
Iza had her last meal from me, but Zanna has decided that she has done her job and to my surprise she didn’t feed them this morning and isn’t planning to do so again I don’t think.
Nature is so impressive knowing when the best time is to wean babies with out any help from us humans. I let Zanna feed as much as she wanted, when she wanted and feed the pups myself when I felt Zanna was “telling” me that it was time.

But Iza didn’t mind and after her breakfast she settled for a sleep with her hippo, a play with a noisy plastic pig, a cuddle from her new owner and a last “Kiwi get together” with her sisters Teddy on the left and Snoopie on the right (Iza in the middle).





Iza left with her very happy owners and I felt good. Not sad but happy that Iza was off to make this family an even livelier and happier one. I wonder how the first night will be, its probably one of the things most on my mind after the puppy leaves. Wondering if they will eat alright is also a thought but not a worry as I feed them well, esp. before they leave, so they have a good “reserve”.

And like I said we are down to 3 puppies. Poor Spot has the heavy responsibility of protecting so many girls, yesterday 8 and now “only” 7.

This evening I took all the dogs, including the 3 pups for the first time, to the park for a walk…ok not so long as the pups cant go so far but they sure exercised those little legs even while I laid for a long time in the grass enjoying the evening sun. They loved it and ran and played as if they had always done this.
I’m ashamed to say that I forgot my camera. Something I’m piss about because it was so much fun I could have made great photos of such happy dogs and puppies. Oh well perhaps tomorrow…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nou gaat het leeg druppelen beginnen. Gelukkig weet je dat ze allemaal bij lieve bazen terecht komen.

Groetjes Mirjam en 3 idioten

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home