Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My girls have a bad habit that I can really enjoy. They love to eat fruit, not a bad thing but it is when they stoop to beg for it. It’s all my fault since I give them the bits I don’t eat but are still totally ok for consumption.

With apples they get the core (minus the pips) and they crunch up their share looking so cute and the sounds they make are so funny. That’s is rather ironic considering the fact that if any person should sit close to me eating an apple in the same way it would really bother me.

In the garden we have a fig tree and it is now “fig time”. The girls have the uncanny ability to know when I pick the figs and keep a sharp eye out when and where I decide to “dissect” and eat them. The inside of the fruit is for me, the outside is for the girls who enjoy the delicacy as much as I do. I’m only too please that up till now they have the manners to wait for me to pick the figs and have my share. I know of dogs that would have no qualms picking and eating the whole fruit for themselves.

When on walks they love the black berries that are now ripe to eat. Walks are considerably longer in time with all the “fruit stops” at the moment.
A daughter of Tieka, Tiba owned by a friend of mine, was the first in our walking club to pick the black berries herself.
Now Zanna and Vaglie are good pickers themselves but prefer I pick them for them.
Tieka will only eat what I pick for her, can’t say I blame her. I wouldn’t want to risk my cute fluffy nose in such prickly plants either.
Kiwi will take any berries I give to her, rolls them around in her mouth and if they are not ripe and sweet enough spits them out to be eaten by a crazy Lagotto who are not so fussy as Estrelas.

Any fruits I like goes down well with the ladies. It all adds to the variety of their daily intake.

And some times their interest is not food but the tv or the computer. 2 months ago we got a thank you email from Zanna’s daughter for looking after her for a week when her owners were on holiday. It was a really cute card that said “thank you” in all sorts of weird voices. Kiwi couldn’t believe her ears and her head went from side to side in utter amazement as she watched the screen. Pity you cant see the movement in the photo but it gives a bit of an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home